The United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) held a seminar enttitled Impact Investing: Revolutionising capital markets for greater societal gains on Thursday 9th October, 2014, in Melbourne.
Held in partnership with National Australia Bank as part of our Sustainability Leadership Series, this seminar highlighted the challenges and opportunities associated with this innovative way to invest capital for social and/or environmental benefits as well as financial returns.
The seminar notably sought to cover how this emerging sector has evolved and its key players, from capital providers to fund managers, financial intermediaries, social enterprises and non-profit organisations. It also addressed how impact investing differs from traditional philanthropic giving and how it relates to the work of the government in addressing social issues.
- Elena Mogilevski, Program Manager, The Myer Foundation
- Will Richardson, Chief Investment Officer, Impact Investment Group
- Rebecca Scott, Co-Founder and CEO, STREAT
- Christopher Thorn, Senior Investment Adviser, Evans and Partners
- Natasha Yemm, Policy Innovation, Social Policy Branch, Australian Government Department of Employment
- John McLeod, Consultant, Philanthropic Services, JB Were
This seminar is held in support of the work of the UN Office for Partnerships on social impact and innovation, as well as the work of the G8 Social Impact Investment Taskforce and the World Economic Forum’s Mainstreaming Impact Investing Initiative.
For all enquiries please contact Emeline on 03 9670 7878 or via email.